Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Awesome Arts and Crafts Ideas for Kids

As a first grade teacher, I love arts and crafts for my class or even at home with my own twin boys. Students get involved in such a fun and creative way that learning takes place inadvertently. They build up motivation for school, eliminates boredom and creates active thinkers.

First I am going to introduce two activities that I created myself: the first one is the 2 Dimensional Pop Up Alphabet. This activity creates a fun learning experience for your students.


It gets students excited and motivated to learn the alphabet, for reading and writing. These fun and easy 2 Dimensional (2 D)-Pop-up activities are the perfect ones to help guide your students through the learning experience. 

 


They work well with mainstream students, English learners, and especially recommendable for students with special needs.

The second activity is the My first 3 Dimensional Alphabet Book. It ads a bit more complexity to the task, but still awesome for the younger learner.


Apart from my own creation, I adore making masks..

  
or using beads


Or even paper. Be careful with scissors and glue. They can play tricks on you!


Last, but not least, some recommendations for Amazon. Next you have My Fave Arts and Crafts Books for Kids. The products are unexpensive and they have more activities than you will ever use. 

1) The Todler Busy Book by Trish Kuffner.
365 creative games and activities to keep Your 1 1/2- to 3-Year-Old Busy


2) The Complete Book of Arts and Craft


This Complete Book of Arts and Crafts provides 256 pages of fun activities for children ages 5 to 9 that reinforce creative minds and motor skills! It includes paper, painting, musical, sculpting, and holiday crafts, as well as a complete answer key, user-friendly activities, and easy-to-follow instructions. --Over 4 million in print!
... and 

3)  Summer Bridge Activities


Prevent summer learning loss with our award winning, best-selling summer learning series! Summer Bridge Activities: Bridging Grades First to Second reinforces essential skills across the curriculum and helps prepare children for second grade. With 12 weeks worth of activities, completing Summer Bridge ActivitiesTM is the perfect way to keep skills sharp all summer long!

Do you have a favorite book or activity? Please share with us!

 

5 comments:

  1. Those pop-up books are fab-o! Love 'em!!!

    Julie
    OpenWideTheWorld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pop-up books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute activities! My students would love this. I'm happy to have found you when I linked up at 2nd Grade Pad. I am your newest follower.
    -Mo
    More Than Math by Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Pop-Up books. I also love bringing arts and crafts into the classroom. The custodians never know what they will find in my classroom at the end of the day. We always clean up, but the glitter seems to linger forever. I found you from the 2nd Grade Pad Linky. I am your newest follower.

    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopify makes it easy to sell online pet supply store. It takes only minutes to open a store and start selling your goods to customers around the world.baby toys
    arts and crafts for kids

    ReplyDelete